- United Way Campaign Extended to Dec. 13 — Help Us Reach Our Goal!
- Stuff a Public Safety Cruiser with Toys on Wednesday!
- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
Personnel Transaction Deadlines for Fiscal Year End
Budget, Human Resources and Payroll
Personnel Transaction Deadlines
for Fiscal Year End 2013 and Fiscal Year Begin 2014
As we are quickly approaching the end of FY2013 and the start of FY2014, the Budget, Human Resources and Payroll offices have some year-end deadlines for you to keep in mind:
– Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) or Employment Rosters for additional year-end assignments submitted to the Budget Office on or before May 20, 2013 will be charged to the current fiscal year budget (FY2013). Paperwork received after May 20, 2013 will be charged to fiscal year 2014.
– All temporary part-time employees, including staff (T1, T2, and R1) and student assignments (T3), end as of June 30, 2013. To continue the assignments for temporary part-time employees in the new fiscal year, an employment roster form must be submitted for FY2014. The employment roster must be submitted to the Budget Office by May 20, 2013 in order to complete necessary approvals and meet the payroll processing timeframes.
– All faculty contracts and contract modifications for FY2014 must be received by June 1, 2013. Most contracts and contract modifications have generally been received as of this date.
– Staff who are employed on an academic year schedule are required to annually submit Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) indicating the work schedule for the new fiscal year through the normal routing process by June 1, 2013. This is necessary to set these employees up for salary payment in the new fiscal year. FY2014 academic working schedules may be completed after July 1 if the scheduled start date begins after July 1, 2013. A subsequent PAF must be submitted only if changes occur after the initial PAF was forwarded.
Over the years, some departments have submitted schedules for employees noting individual, non-consecutive, days off in the regular work period. Please understand that this places additional analysis and entry into the Banner system to ensure the system is accurately encumbering and paying the work time of the employee. We are committed to working towards the needs of the department. However, where feasible please try to combine days off to a range of consecutive days or limit individual days. If changes to employees’ jobs are requested in the future, entries must be re-entered by day in the Banner system.
Schedules that have been submitted for fiscal year 2013 (July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013) have been processed accordingly. Please submit the new working schedule on a Personnel Action Form for employees on academic year schedules by June 1, 2013 for fiscal year 2014, beginning July 1, 2013.
Please use the current Employment Roster Form. You may obtain the form from the Office of Human Resources Development (HRD) or online at www.hartford.edu/hrd/Forms.aspx. Please complete the forms in full, which includes denoting supervisor, time method if applicable, and ensuring all appropriate individuals sign the authorization. The Budget, Human Resource and Payroll Offices will return your roster or delay processing if the form is incomplete. Therefore please confirm correct combinations of employee class codes and subaccounts, as well as verify that sufficient funds are available in a budget line to ensure the timely processing and payment of the PAF/Roster. If you need a report of the budget that will roll on July 1, 2013 to confirm budget availability, please contact the Budget Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payroll expenses for the period beginning June 17, 2013, ending June 30, 2013, paid on July 5, 2013, will be expensed to fiscal year 2013. Time sheet amendments made after July 1, 2013 for a previous fiscal year period will be paid and charged to fiscal year 2014.