- Volunteers Needed for Midnight Breakfast
- Stuff a Public Safety Cruiser with Toys on Dec. 11!
- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
Call for Nominations: Innovations in Teaching and Learning Awards
Nominations are currently being accepted for the Innovations in Teaching and Learning Awards. The awards will be presented at the Faculty/Staff Kickoff at the start of the fall 2013 semester.
The deadline for nominations is May 22, 2013.
Award Description: Awards recognize innovative assignments and activities, in or out of the classroom, that positively impact student learning. Faculty who team-teach courses may apply as a team.
Who May Be Nominated: Any full-time faculty member from any school or college regardless of rank or tenure status.
Who May Nominate: Self-nominations are welcomed, as well as nominations by colleagues, students, chairs, deans, etc.
• A nominee-prepared, one-page description of the innovation. This should include teaching/learning goals and evidence of effectiveness.
• Student evaluations (must include qualitative comments, not only numbers) relevant to the innovation.
• One to three letters from chair or colleagues. These should specifically address the innovation rather than the nominee’s general teaching ability.
The Prize: $500 in faculty development funds, presented at the annual August meeting of faculty and staff.
Contact: Please send application materials as one PDF file directly to T. Stores, Distinguished Teaching Humanist, at the Department of English, Auerbach 212D, or via email at email@example.com.
The deadline for nominations is May 22. For more information, contact Stores via email or at 860.768.4938.