- United Way Campaign Extended to Dec. 13 — Help Us Reach Our Goal!
- Stuff a Public Safety Cruiser with Toys on Wednesday!
- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
Applications for 2013-14 International Center Faculty Grants
The International Center Faculty Grants Program aims to foster faculty international initiatives that contribute to expanding and strengthening the international dimensions of teaching, research and engagement at the University of Hartford. The International Center awards up to seven grants (maximum of $1,000 each) each year to full-time faculty members.
See a list of past grant recipients.
Selection criteria (in order of priority) are:
• Work that improves the international understanding of the campus community.
• Work that can be shown to have immediate impact on students' experiences in the classroom.
• Development of a study abroad course or study abroad component for currently existing courses.
• Faculty travel to cultivate new exchange programs or affiliation agreements/partnerships with universities abroad.
• Faculty travel for research conducted abroad or to participate in an International Faculty Development Seminar.
• Faculty travel to present at an international conference.
Please note: Only in extraordinary circumstances can faculty receive grants in two consecutive years. Attendance at international conferences will not be considered.
The application packet must include:
1. A completed Application Form.
2. A one-page proposal consisting of:
• A summary of the international activity you plan to carry out including a clearly defined purpose of how the activity will promote international dimensions of the unit or the University.
• Clearly defined outcomes that support internationalization of the campus.
• Potential for the activity to result in future international activity.
• Budget justification of activity costs and potential value of the results of the activity.
3. A one-page itemized budget sheet including all expenses for the activity, not just the expenses to be covered under the grant.
4. An abbreviated curriculum vitae (CV) of the applicant(s)
5. Letter of support from the Department Chair or College Dean
Grant applications should be submitted by July 1, 2013 to Richard Lazzerini, Associate Director of the International Center, in GSU 327. Selected faculty will be notified by late July. Funds must be expended before July 1, 2014.
Grant recipients are required to submit a detailed report along with the Travel Expense Voucher within one month of completing the funded activity. The report should describe the tangible outcomes and benefits of the funded activity. Recipients who fail to submit the required narrative report will be ineligible to receive future funding from the International Center Faculty Grants Program.