More News for Students
- It's Snowing. How Do I Find Out If Classes Are Canceled?
- HAS Holiday Ceramics Sale, Dec. 7–12
- Recycling Event on the Village Lawn Sunday
- Apply for 'Express to Success' Spring Break Mentoring Program
Public Safety Launches "Lock Your Door" Campaign
Following are some tips from Public Safety as part of its "Lock Your Door" campaign.
– 50% to 80% of all thefts occurring on campus result from unattended or unsecured property.
– Always keep your room, suite, or apartment door locked, whether you are there or not. It only takes a few seconds to be “ripped off.”
– NEVER prop open any exterior door. Even though propping doors makes it easier for you to get back into your residence, it is also easier for any unauthorized person to enter the building. You never know who you will be letting in.
– Talk to your roommate about locking the door when leaving. Prevention only works if everyone’s on board!
Make the effort to protect what’s yours.
Department of Public Safety
University of Hartford