- Students, Faculty, Staff Advised to Use B Lot for Handicap Parking During Hillyer Roof Repairs
- 'Transition Gathering' for Annette Rogers
- Check out Leisure Reading at Mortensen Library
- University Welcomes New Employees
'Stash It, Don't Trash It' has a Few Items Remaining
The "Stash It, Don't Trash It" team has been fortunate to find homes for many of the items collected this year. Before calling the Salvation Army for a final pickup, we thought we would inform the campus community about a few available items.
Every May, the "Stash It, Don't Trash It" program collects useable furniture, food, clothing, appliances and other items that students would otherwise throw out when they move out of their residence halls for the summer. The collected items are dispersed to food banks and charities or sold at bargain prices to the University community, and the raised money is then given to nonprofit organizations.
The items that are still available this year are:
– 2 nice quality futon frames
– 1 red futon cushion
– 2 desk chairs (one rotating, one stationary)
– 2 televisions (not flat screens)
– 1 computer monitor (not flat screen)
– 1 large photo frame
– 1 white board
– 2 full length mirrors
– 1 cork board
– 3 television stands
– 4 lamps (3 desk, one floor)
– 4 area rugs:
– 1 green
– 1 charcoal gray
– 1 pink/blue/cream/gold/green striped in muted shades
– 1 tan with dark red border
If you have an interest in any of these items, please contact Katharine Owens ASAP, at 860.218.5799 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an interest in a larger item (ex: TV, futon), we will let you have it for a small donation ($5) to Project Horizon. If you have an interest in a smaller item, we will let you have it for free.
The early bird gets the worm!