More News for Students
- Come to Howie's Pit Stop for a Summer Snack!
- Summer Dining Hours -- Updated Information
- Class of 2017 Arrives for Orientation
- A Record 37 Students Graduate From University Honors Program
Seasonal Flu Vaccine Clinics
Seasonal flu vaccine clinics will be held in Suisman Lounge, Gengras Student Union, on the following dates (while supplies last):
– Thursday, Oct. 1, from 11 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
– Saturday, Oct. 3 (Parents Weekend and Homecoming), from 10 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
– Wednesday, Oct. 7, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Thursday, Oct. 8, from 11 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
– Wednesday, Oct. 14, from 11 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
The cost is $25. You can pay by cash, HawkCash, or check made payable to “ProHealth.” You must be 18 or older to receive the vaccine.
In addition, starting Wednesday, Sept. 16, faculty, staff, and students can go to the Health Services office in the Sports Center during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to receive a seasonal flu vaccine. No appointment is necessary.
While the vaccine will be available as of Sept. 16, it is recommended that you wait until at least Oct. 1 to get your vaccine, so that you will be protected until the end of the flu season, which lasts through late March. That recommendation is especially important for people over 50.
The H1N1 flu vaccine will be made available later this fall, when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention release it to the public. To remain healthy this flu season, the CDC recommends that individuals get the H1N1 vaccine and the seasonal flu vaccine.
For comprehensive, up-to-date information – including how to tell the difference between a cold and the flu – please check the University’s Flu Information Center at www.hartford.edu/flu.
If you have questions, please contact Health Services at 860.768.6601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.