More News for Students
- Wear Green Ribbons Friday to Honor Sandy Hook Victims
- Winter Weather Safety Tips
- Leaving Your Car on Campus During the Break
- Exemplary Student Work Wanted for 2014 Undergraduate Colloquium
Barney Business Plan Winners Announced
Submitted by Meagan Fazio
(l-r) Marjorie Feldman, CEO of Al's Beverage Company, sponsor of the competition, with undergraduate winners Oge Anugweje; Matt Cosenza; Arielle Brenner (in front); Barney Dean James Fairfield-Sonn; and Jeff Cirkus.
The quality of the entries was so high, the judges decided to award two first-place prizes in both the undergraduate and graduate categories.
The winners are:
– Oge Anugweje, Arielle Brenner, Jeff Cirkus, Matt Cosenza and Dave Schwartz for Keyless Manufacturing, Inc, creator of RED LockTM.
– Adam Hirshberg for marketing and research development firm Alchemist Marketing LLC. The firm operates in the Buffalo, N.Y. area.
– Vasile Dinicu for Offshore Testing and Certification. Dinicu developed a process to be used in the offshore drilling and production industry.
– Jaclyn Simonetty for the Green Jean Company, a line of organic jeans.
These winners now move on to the state competition in the spring. Each group also receives $375 to use toward creating their companies.
The students were coached by: Karen Gannt, associate professor of business law; Irina Naoumova, assistant professor of entrepreneurship; Mitchell Weiss, adjunct faculty member; and Gerald Vitkaukus, Barney Executive-in-Residence.
Al's Beverage Company of East Windsor sponsored the University competition. The company is run by Barney graduate Marjorie Feldman.