Parent Inquiry Initiative
The Parent Inquiry Initiative, known as Parentii, is a growing network of individuals across Connecticut supporting community connections that ensure children's success in life. We are doing this by co-creating tools and sharing knowledge that support parents in making informed decisions.
Parentii focuses on parents as co-producers and our work continues to build sustainable momentum through parent actions, research activity, community dissemination, and learning agreements. Parent and University researchers are co-constructing knowledge through the use of inquiry tools to drive community-specific actions. We share a commitment to parent capacity building and to the development and sustaining of parent leaders. Engaging in the generative discourse of deliberation keeps us in the work.
Parent Inquiry initiative core
- Doreen Abubakar, Parent Researcher, Community Parent Engagement Network, Newhallville
- Paige Bray, EdD, University of Hartford, Associate Professor of Early Childhood
- Carmen A. James, MA, Parent Researcher, Waterbury
- Erin M. Kenney, MEd, University of Hartford/University of New Hampshire doctoral student
- Timeca Peters, Parent Researcher in Hartford and East Hartford
- Cheryl Petersen, Parent Researcher in Torrington Torrington Early Childhood Collaborative
- Karla L. Woodworth, Parent Researcher in Torrington Torrington Early Childhood Collaborative, People Empowering People Facilitator, Community Messenger
Institute for Translational Research, University of Hartford contacts
Paige M. Bray, EdD, and Erin Kenney, MEd, email@example.com
Additional Parent Information- Action Research Project Members
- William Carter, Parent Researcher Bridgeport Alliance for Young Children
- Rubis Santos Collado, Parent Researcher, Taking Action in Waterbury
- Crystal Hernandez, Parent Researcher East Hartford Child Plan
- Monica L. Jackson, Parent Researcher, Bridgeport, Community Messenger
- Yury Maciel-Andrews, Parent Researcher New Haven Early Childhood Council
Additional "Looking for Answers Together Conversations" Members
- Grace Kane, Parent Researcher, Torrington Community Messenger
- Nilda Paris, Parent Researcher, Bridgeport, Parents Empowering People (PEP), Community Messenger
- Maria Ramos, Parent Researcher in Bridgeport Parent Support- People Empowering People, Parents Empowering People, Community Messenger
This ongoing research is conducted through the Center for Learning and Professional Education in the Institute for Translational Research in the College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions at the University of Hartford.