Hartford Consortium for Higher Education
The University of Hartford participates in a collaboration between several Hartford area colleges and universities called Hartford Consortium for Higher Education.
- Over 800 courses are offered for cross registration.
- Cross-registered students may enjoy borrowing privileges at the enrolled institutions library as well as their own library.
- If you are a University of Hartford student, please inquire from the enrolling institution library about rules for accessing and borrowing from that college or University.
- If you are a Consortium member from another University, taking a class at the University of Hartford, please see our Borrowing and Renewing page for students.
About the Consortium
Hartford Consortium for Higher Education is a collaborative endeavor of the public and private colleges and universities in the Hartford area. Founded in 1972, the Consortium is a vehicle for the development of joint programs that serve faculty, students and the wider community. Its programs and initiatives include Career Beginnings, Consortium Grant Program, Cross-registration, Fifth Graders Go To College and Regional Roundtables.
Hartford Consortium for Higher Education fosters collaborative endeavors among higher education institutions to:
- Explore new academic directions through optimal sharing of collegial resources, information, expertise and ideas;
- Serve as a catalyst for innovative educational initiatives that respond to a changing educational environment;
- Encourage educational excellence across the life span; and
- Assert the role of higher education in the economic, cultural and social life of Hartford and the region.