Your Starting Point for Graduate Study
Welcome to Graduate Admissions at the University of Hartford. We look forward to being your central resource as you begin your graduate career.
We invite you to explore our programs, events, and frequently asked questions. When you request information, you will receive in-depth information about your program of interest as well as general information about Graduate Studies at the University of Hartford.
If you need any support during the application or admissions process, please reach out to us at email@example.com so we can assist you.
Ready to apply? General application requirements are noted below. However, as application requirements vary by college and program, please refer to the individual program websites for more information.
All graduate applicants are required to submit the following:
- Online application form
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- Letter of intent detailing your interest in the program and goals
- Non-refundable application fee of $50. CAS applicants are required to pay a non-refundable processing fee in lieu of an application fee as designated by the CAS
- Professional resume and/or curriculum vitae
Some graduate programs require the following:
- Audition fee of $40 (Hartt School Applicants)
- One to three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE and GMAT, PRAXIS or MCAT (if required)
- Supplemental documents
International applicants are also required to submit the below materials:
- Transcript evaluation: All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member, such as WES, IEE, or SpanTran. If the transcript is written in English, a course-by-course evaluation is still required, as grading systems vary from country to country.
- Students who are non-native speakers of the English language are required to submit scores from one of the following English-proficiency tests.
- TOEFL: minimum of 80 (Internet-based test – iBT), and 550 (Paper-based test – PBT Total).
- PTE: minimum score of 58
- IELTS: minimum score of 6.5 overall
- Duolingo: minimum score of 110 combined
- You can qualify for the English Proficiency Waiver if you fit one of the following two categories:
- You are an International applicant whose native language is English.
- You are an International applicant holding a bachelor’s or master's degree from a country where the native language is English.
- If you believe that you meet one of these criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admitted students will be required to submit a passport, and financial documents that indicate financial capability and responsibility for at least the first year of enrollment (tuition, fees, and living expenses). If you are not personally funding your tuition, your sponsor must submit a sponsor certification and submit official financial documentation.
Please view our Frequently Asked Questions to assist you with the application process.
With seven distinct schools and colleges, UHart offers graduate students a rich environment for multidisciplinary research and collaboration.Learn More
Graduate tuition and fees vary depending on the school and the program of study.Learn More
UHart offers financial assistance for graduate and professional students, including loans, scholarships, corporate partnership discounts, assistantships, and veterans benefits.Learn More
Application Dates and Deadlines
Spring, Summer and Fall 2022 applications are available beginning August 1, 2021
Most of our graduate programs admit students on a rolling basis. Some programs have specific priority and/or application deadlines. Upcoming deadlines are noted below. Please refer to the individual program websites for more information.
|Summer and Fall 2022 Application Deadlines||Program(s)|
|January 15, 2022- Scholarship Consideration Deadline||Photography, MFA
|February 1, 2022- Priority Deadline||Architecture, MArch*
School Psychology, MS
|February 15, 2022- Priority Deadline||Artist Diploma
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study
Doctor of Philosophy in Music Education
Graduate Professional Diploma
Master of Music
Master of Music Education
|February 15, 2022- Priority Deadline||Organizational Psychology (On-Ground), MS|
|April 15, 2022- Priority Deadline||Early Childhood Education, MEd*|
Connecticut's Capital City
In addition to major cultural attractions, sports and award-winning restaurants, Hartford has all the diverse professional opportunities of a big city.
Brian Monks, '14, M'15
The friends you make at UHart last a lifetime. These people stick by your side through thick and thin and truly are friends for a lifetime.