Welcome to the UHart Family!
As soon as your student chooses the University of Hartford, all parents and/or guardians instantly become a part of the Parent Network, playing a significant role in the student experience and at the University overall. We encourage you to engage with us and support students in meaningful ways—from attending events as a parent volunteer and connecting with prospective families to providing professional development and scholarship opportunities. You can create a unique way of being involved, ultimately enjoying a UHart experience of your very own!
As a member of the Parent Network, you will receive quarterly e-newsletters, and are invited to share your time and expertise. You will also have opportunities to connect with fellow parents. Parent support is a transformative part of our community and truly helps our students reach success. For this reason, we also invite you to consider philanthropic engagement, because every gift matters. Whether it is $25 or more, all contributions help enrich the UHart experience.
- Become a parent ambassador for admission events and activities (local, regional, and virtual).
- Become a parent ambassador for Founders Day Challenge events and activities, UHart’s annual day of giving.
- Welcome incoming families.
- Share an internship or entry-level employment opportunity.
- Host an industry or skills workshop / Be a guest speaker (in person or virtual).
- Become an industry contact for our Office of Career and Professional Development.
- Host a spring admission event at your office.
- Host a regional event to build parent community in your area.
- Make a gift of any size in honor of, or in collaboration with, your student.
Have Questions or Want to Learn More?
Please contact Victoria Sandoval, associate director for parent engagement and philanthropy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to connecting with you!