Ceremonies for Classes of 2020 and 2021
May 15–16, 2021
UHart will host five separate ceremonies at the XL Center in downtown Hartford during the weekend of Saturday, May 15, and Sunday, May 16. This venue gives us the best option to safely welcome our graduates and guests without the additional weather concerns related to outdoor ceremonies. These ceremonies will be streamlined to keep the focus where it belongs—on the students from the Classes of 2020 and 2021 and their wonderful accomplishments during these most challenging of times.
Saturday, May 15:
8:30 a.m.: College of Arts and Sciences
2 p.m.: Barney School of Business
7:30 p.m.: College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions
Sunday, May 16:
8:30 a.m.: College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture; Hillyer College; University Studies
2 p.m.: Hartford Art School; The Hartt School
Each of the ceremonies will be livestreamed and that the names of all graduating students will be read, regardless if they are celebrating in person or at home.
• Each ceremony will be approximately 90 minutes in length, and the arena will be thoroughly sanitized and air circulated between ceremonies.
• Each ceremony will host no more than 400 students and two ticketed guests each, in order to comply with state-mandated capacity limits for the XL Center. Due to the size restrictions, special requests for dates and times cannot be accommodated.
• All graduates and guests will be required to wear face coverings at all times and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
• Students responding that they would like to attend in person will be allotted two tickets each for their guests, emailed to them directly from the XL Center—and valid for the specified ceremony only. All seating is assigned to allow for 6-foot distancing between other family groups within the arena. No tickets will be available during Commencement Weekend, and graduates and guests must not arrive earlier than one hour prior to the ceremony start time.
• The UHart main campus will be open to graduating students and their guests on May 15–16 to allow graduates to take photos with their friends and families at their favorite outdoor campus locations at any point before or after their ceremony date and time that weekend. Please remember that every person visiting campus will need to check in via the LiveSafe app and complete the quick Daily Health Screening there.
Questions? Email the Commencement Committee today.