May 15, 2022
UHart will host its May Commencement exercises for the Class of 2022 at the XL Center in downtown Hartford on Sunday, May 15.
- Graduate Ceremony (master's and doctoral recipients): 9 a.m.
- Undergraduate Ceremony (associate and bachelor's recipients): 2 p.m.
Cap and Gown Information
Picking up your cap and gown: If you selected campus pickup when ordering your cap and gown, please pick up your regalia at the Campus Store (bookstore) on Wednesday, May 4, or Thursday, May 5, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Commencement is an event for celebrating the years of hard work our graduates have completed and the degrees they have earned. It is also a day for families and loved ones to be honored for their sacrifice and support. For many of our graduates, they are the first in their families to graduate. It is our expectation that all graduates and their guests will respect the meaning and importance of this day.
Failure to adhere to Commencement behavior expectations could result in immediate removal and the loss of the privilege of crossing the stage. Pending conduct outcomes, interim holds will be placed on transcripts and diplomas.
All attendees are to be courteous during the entire ceremony and are to refrain from behavior that is disruptive, distracting, or dangerous, including:
- Dressing appropriately for the ceremony, including safe footwear for crossing the stage.
- Giving your attention and respect to all of the speakers during the ceremony. There should be no interruptions while people are speaking (such as shouting) or other distractions (such as beach balls). There will be zero tolerance for disruptions.
- Paying attention to, and follow the instructions of, University marshals and staff who are working to help the ceremony proceed smoothly and quickly.
- No-alcohol or other drugs should be consumed by graduates prior to and during the Commencement ceremonies. Graduates, participants, and guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages or other drugs onto the premises. Guests are able to purchase alcoholic beverages in designated areas of the XL Center only. Smoking or vaping is not allowed. Any person determined to be impaired will be removed from the premises and prohibited from participating in the ceremony.
- Remaining at your seats until the end of the ceremony and the recessional of all participants.
Shuttles to and from the XL Center
Round-trip shuttles will be available for graduating students between campus and the XL Center. If you would like to reserve a space on a shuttle, please email the Commencement Committee. Shuttle pickup will be at 7:30 a.m. (graduate ceremony) and 12:30 p.m. (undergraduate ceremony) in Millard Circle and the shuttle will return to campus directly after the Commencement ceremony. Shuttles are only available for graduating students; guests will need to provide their own transportation.
Parking information for the XL Center can be found on our Commencement FAQ page
See our FAQ for answers to many commonly asked questions.
More questions? Email the Commencement Committee today.