Gender Studies Minor
About the MinorThe Gender Studies curriculum will help you to write, problem solve, and think critically about gender issues that affect society. The minor draws upon the expertise of faculty in several colleges across the University.
You must complete a total of 18 credits. You may choose from courses in women's and gender studies, masculinity, and sexuality, most of which are cross-listed with other programs. Such breadth reflects the strength and flexibility of an interdisciplinary program. Three courses toward the minor must be taken at the 300 level or above.
- Introduction to Gender Studies (Required)
- Women in the Economy
- Women’s and Gay Rights Social Movements
- Philosophy of Love and Sexuality
- Rhetorics of Gender Activism
- Gender and Sex in Popular Culture
For more information, and to see a complete list of minor requirements, visit the Course Catalog.