April Acts of Kindness Week
April 18–24, 2021
We know you have a HART of gold and love helping others, so come along with us during April Acts of Kindness Week 2021 and see what an impact small gestures can make on your communities!
From April 18–24, UHart alumni will band together to perform acts of kindness and service within their communities, large and small, and reap the many health benefits of giving back (did you know that perpetually kind people have 23% less cortisol, the stress hormone, than the average population?).
Ready to dive in? Register here and get started! All participants be printed in the next issue of The Link to honor the abundance of kindness across our community.
Checkout the list of encouraged activities for April Acts of Kindness Week below or you can download the Acts of Kindness Checklist to help you get started.
1. Bring a friend coffee or tea.
2. Make a meal for someone else.
3. Help someone make a professional connection that could help their career.
4. Donate school supplies to a local teacher for their class.
5. Send someone an email or text to let them know you’re thinking of them.
6. Register for a walk or run that benefits a cause you care about.
7. Build a bird feeder or feed the birds.
8. Buy a meal for a person experiencing homelessness or joblessness.
9. Let someone go in front of you in line.
10. Donate to a fundraiser.
11. Offer to pick up groceries for a neighbor when you go out.
12. Intentionally aim to not complain for an entire day.
13. Write a list of 10 things you’re grateful for.
14. Pass your favorite book on to someone you care about
15. Text or DM someone a small compliment
16. Create an appreciation post about someone you love on social media
17. Donating is a great way to give back to your community. Collect items you would like to donate
18. Recall a kind moment that happened to you while you were on campus
19. Check in with a friend or family member you have not spoken to this month!
20. Leave an encouraging note where someone else may find it.
21. Write yourself an encouraging message and post it where you can see it every day!
22. Donate food to a food bank, food share, or community Little Free Pantry.
23. Hold a door open for someone while running errands.
24. Staying connected through organizations is important. Tell us organizations in your neighborhood that are involved in your community.
25. Do you know your government officials? Connect with them today about an issue that’s important to you.
26. Write down 3 things you are grateful before you go to bed.
27. Repost your favorite small business and tell them why on your story! Take this opportunity to make a small purchase