MFA, Graphic Design, Rhode Island School of Design
BFA, Graphic Design and Textile Design, Miami University
Mark has taught at the Hartford Art School at the University of Hartford since 1994, the same year he opened his design consultancy object|resonance, which concentrates exclusively on non- and not-for-profit clients, focusing on the education and fine/performing arts markets. The studio has received regional and national recognition for its work has appeared in many award shows, exhibitions, and publications. Clients include: Hartford Art School, Joseloff Gallery, Trinity College, New Britain Museum of American Art, Maxwell Shepherd Memorial Arts Fund, Inc., Gallery on the Green, Wadsworth Atheneum, and Hartford Stage.
He also creates editioned print work, book objects, and one-of-a-kind artwork. This self-authored art/design work has been exhibited both regionally and nationally, and has been included in national and international publications. His work is included in corporate and individual collections throughout the United States.
Snyder has served on the board of directors of the American Institute of Graphic Arts Boston, the Connecticut Art Directors Club, the Gallery on the Green, and Hartford Art School Endowment, Inc.
- CADC Annual Award Show (Connecticut Art Directors Club):
- Gold Award, Hartford Art School View Book
- Silver Award, Joseloff Gallery Season Brochure
- Silver Award, +/– Exhibition Catalog
- Silver Award, National Portfolio Poster
- Excellence Award, 2015 HAS Senior Look Book
- 2016 UCDA (University College Designers Association)
- Excellence Award for Hartford Art School View Book
- Excellence Award for +/– Exhibition Catalog