MFA, Photography, Yale University
BFA, Fine Art, The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art
Michael Vahrenwald is a photographer living in New York, NY. His work has been exhibited at the Whitney Museum, the Carnegie Museum and, The Walker Art Center, along with numerous galleries around the world. Vahrenwald’s work has been featured in the New York Times Magazine, Flash Art, Bloomberg Businessweek, The Huffington Post, and El Croquis. He is represented by the commercial photography agency ESTO and is the cofounder of the press ROMAN NVMERALS. His work is in the collection of the Whitney Museum in New York, NY, and the Nerman Museum in Kansas City, Kan.
- The People’s Trust, HAP Gallery, Portland, Oregon
- Forest Floor, Motus Fort, Tokyo Japan
- Natural History, Enter Gallery, New York, NY
- El Ejido, Galerie Alain Le Gaillard, Paris France
- Michael Vahrenwald, the mythic has no medium, Southfirst Gallery, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Michael Vahrenwald, the distance between any two points is infinite…, Andrew Rafacz Gallery, Chicago Ill.
- (Not So) Still Life, Wave Hill Glyndor Gallery, Bronx, N.Y.
- Photogenic Nature, Benjaman Donaldson, Todd Forsgren and Michael Vahrenwald The Light Factory, Charlotte, N.C.
- Soft Targets, M+B Gallery, Los Angeles, Calif.
- OH My Complex Vom Unbehagen beim Anblick der Stadt (of discomfort at the sight of the city), curated by Hans D. Christ, Total Museum, Seoul South Korea
- American Beauty, Susan Inglett Gallery, New York, N.Y.
- Selected Works, SouthFirst Gallery, Brooklyn, N.Y,
- Blog Re-Blog, curated by Max Marshall and Paul Paper Signal, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- OH My Complex Vom Unbehagen beim Anblick der Stadt (of discomfort at the sight of the city), curated by Hans D. Christ
- Württembergischer Kunstverein, Stuttgart, Germany
- No Place in Particular: Images of the American Landscape, Museum of Contemporary Art, Jacksonville, Fla.
- John O’Connor and Michael Vahrenwald,
- The Barbara Walters Gallery, Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, N.Y.
- Seven Summits, Mt. Tremper Fine Arts, Mt. Tremper, N.Y.
- Nearby Far Away, Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art Kansas City, Kan.
- After Color Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta and Savannah Campus
- Sraunus, curated by Paul Paper
- On The Sublime, with Portfolio by Iris Editions, London England
- After Color, Bose Pascia Gallery, New York, N.Y.
- Worlds Away: New Suburban Landscapes, the Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburg, Penn.
- Field Trip, HDLU, Zagreb, Croatia
- Revisiting America, Bond Street Gallery, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Worlds Away: New Suburban Landscapes Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Landscapes, Southfirst Gallery, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Outpost, Tim Davis, John Lehr and Michael Vahrenwald Susanne Hillberry Gallery, Ferndale, Mich.
- Paris Photo, Alain Le Gaillard Gallery