Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation
The Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation promotes a culture of effective pedagogy and scholarship that supports faculty through activities such as mentoring, providing resources and programs, and sharing best practices.
The Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation:
- Offers programs which engage faculty in continuous improvement of teaching;
- Provides both formal and informal support for faculty teaching at all stages of their careers;
- Fosters collegiality, community, and peer support around teaching;
- Encourages faculty to explore new teaching methods and technologies; and
- Identifies, shares and advocates for research - teaching practices in teaching
To advance these initiatives, CTEI offers workshops, grants, one-on-one consultations, and peer evaluations of teaching.
Meet the Executive Director
Lisa Zawilinski has been a faculty member in the education department in the College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions since 2011. In July 2020, she began directing the Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation (CTEI).
“I am excited to work alongside faculty as we continue to develop our expertise in teaching and learning,” Lisa says.