COVID-19 Update to HCD Community
In collaboration with the University of Hartford, the Hartt School Community continues to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19.
We are taking steps to keep our you and your families healthy and informed.
It is out of an abundance of caution that effective Friday, March 13, UHart is postponing or canceling non-essential events or work-related gatherings scheduled to take place on campus through April 5. We've outlined how this will impact HCD's lessons, classes, and peformances below.
FRIDAY, MARCH 13 THROUGH FRIDAY, MARCH 20
- All HCD activities (private instruction, group instruction–music and dance, rehearsals, recitals, performances, etc.) will be canceled.
- During this period of closure, you will receive additional information regarding resources and next steps for remote, online private lessons for the weeks of March 21–April 5.
- As this is a school closure, and in accordance with our policies, faculty will be required to ensure that each private lesson student receives the services they have registered for.
SATURDAY, MARCH 21 THROUGH SUNDAY, APRIL 5
- All group instruction (ensembles, chamber music, jazz and popular music, dance, etc.) will remain canceled through Sunday, April 5. A decision about extending this cancelation will be made no later than March 27. This brief pause will still allow us to meet the educational/artistic goals for all group instruction.
- Private lessons will take place remotely (digitally) during this time.
All recitals, performances, and events cancelled during this period will not be rescheduled.
At this time, The Hartt School Community Division will not issue refunds for 2019-20 activities. An assessment on any possible refunds for missed instruction will be made in tandem with the University of Hartford’s decision regarding continued instruction after April 5.
Please note that HCD staff are working remotely during this time, and we do not have the same access to our mailbox to retrieve checks sent via mail. We ask that families do what they can to submit payments online – there will be no processing fee added for doing this. Please use this link to log into your HCD account and submit payment via credit/debit card or e-check. For assistance with processing payment, please email email@example.com.
Registrants who are interested in exploring a withdrawal, must contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Decisions regarding group instruction will be forthcoming.
Temporary Withdrawal Policy for Private Lesson Registrants (effective 3/25/2020)
The University of Hartford and HCD continue to actively and diligently monitor the COVID-19 virus situation. We are is committed to making decisions that promote the health and safety of our families, students, faculty, and staff, while ensuring access to instruction. HCD remains committed to providing innovative and unparalleled performing arts experiences to our students. During this unprecedented time, our school must remain flexible and understanding of all student, family, and faculty members’ individual circumstances. If a student and/or family is unable to continue participating in HCD programming due to health concerns and/or technology limits, HCD will permit the student to withdraw from their activity(ies) on a case-by-case basis. A 2-week holding period will be put into place in order to provide appropriate consideration to faculty members, after which the student’s account will be adjusted. Our priority is to ensure continuity of instruction, while supporting our faculty. Wherever possible, HCD will credit tuition to the next academic year. This policy will temporarily supersede the current HCD policy regarding withdrawals after the mid-year opt-out period.
Information will be communicated as quickly as possible. Please continue to check your e-mail for periodic updates. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to navigate this ever-evolving situation and provide safe, effective solutions for all HCD students and families.