Get Ready for Hawktober 2023
Wear your best red ensemble, get ready for photo ops galore, and celebrate all the reasons you’re proud to be a Hawk: Hawktober 2023 is right around the corner!
Fresh, new events meet beloved tradition for a fantastic celebration of the University of Hartford community. Alumni, students, parents and families, and friends of the University are invited to join the fun on campus Friday, Oct. 20, to Sunday, Oct. 22 (a few virtual student information sessions are also set for earlier in the week).
Registration remains open through Oct. 18. After that, walk-ins will be welcome at Hawktober Weekend for any events that still have capacity.
So what’s in store? Here’s a sampling:
- Anchor Awards Celebration, Wilde Auditorium, Oct. 20, celebrating talented alumni recipients
- Hawktoberfest, Alumni Plaza, Oct. 21, featuring food trucks, music, games, student performances, and more
- Hartford Track and Field 5K, Chase Arena, Oct. 21, with a road race (or stroll, if you wish) through campus, as well as a 100M dash for kids 10 and under
- 50(ish) Reunion + Return of The Pub, Garden Level/Game Room in GSU, Oct. 21, with a recreation of The Pub, drinks, music and bar bites.
- Jazz Brunch, Café in GSU, Oct. 22, featuring favorite foods, and alumna and recording artist Latanya Farrell M'97, M'98
- Alumni Art Marketplace: Celebrating Creativity and Connections, Harry Jack Gray Center Quad, Oct. 22, showcasing alumni artists and their creations
- Mini-Hawk Party, Harry Jack Gray Center Quad, Oct. 22, for alums and their kiddos with a bounce house, Howie, mascot friends, and UHart’s student race car
That’s all in addition to campus tours, robotics and nursing lab demos, art exhibits, and a lot of fun food and special group gatherings.
Share your UHart pride leading up to Hawktober. Tag UHart on the Alumni Instagram account for a chance to win UHart swag.
In the meantime, get your questions answered on registration, guests, travel, accommodations, and all things Hawktober.