Immunization and Health Forms
All students, full time and part time, graduate and undergraduate, must submit an immunization record.*
What are the requirements?
The following requirements are based on The Connecticut Department of Public Health. The state of Connecticut mandates that all students supply the following information:
- The COVID-19 vaccine and booster were required for the 2021-2022 academic year. While requirements have not yet been set for Fall of 2022, we request students upload their vaccine/booster documentation with their immunization records. See COVID-19 vaccine and booster exemption information.
- All students must show proof of two MMR vaccines (measles, mumps, rubella).
Individuals are exempt if born before Dec. 31, 1956.
- All students and transfer students beginning Jan 1, 2010 must show proof of two varicella (chicken pox) vaccines. (Individuals born in the United States before Jan. 1, 1980 are exempt)
- Proof of Meningococcal vaccination (Menactra) within five years of entry to the University is required for all residential students prior to room assignment. No student may move into campus housing until this requirement is met. Even if not living on-campus, we strongly recommend that all students be vaccinated against this disease. If it has been more than five years since your immunization, you will need a booster shot.
Instructions For Completing Immunization Form
- The form must be completed prior to your arrival on campus/beginning of classes.
- The form must be signed and stamped by your health care provider or you may submit a copy of records from another school or physician office.
- You must go to the portal, hartford.studenthealthportal.com, and enter your immunization dates onto the Student Immunization Form in the “forms” section. Once you enter the dates on the form you then upload corresponding documentation signed by your medical provider and submit.
- New students must complete this form by July 15 if starting in the fall semester; Dec. 15 if starting in the spring semester. You will not be able to move-in without submitting your required health forms.
- Access the portal at: hartford.studenthealthportal.com
- Log in using your email username (without "@hartford.edu") and your email password.
- Once in the portal, you will need to select the "Forms" tab to complete the required forms and upload your signed immunization form (you can download this below).
What if my provider will not fill out the form without a physical?
If your provider will not fill out the form without a physical and will only provide a printout of immunizations, you must still fully fill out our form and attach the records.
I'm not able to access the portal. Who do I contact?
Please email email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding the form you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that fully online learners do not need to meet the immunization requirement.