UHart’s Student Health Services is proud to partner with Hartford HealthCare to help you feel your best.
- Sick visits
- Strep, mono, and flu testing
- Allergy shots
- STD screening and testing
- A full women’s health clinic: exams, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, and birth control
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Immunizations (Hepatitis B, PPD, tetanus, flu vaccine)
You can learn more about our hours and location below.
Flu Vaccine Available at UHart
Flu vaccines are free for students!
Please see the below dates for when Health Services will offer flu vaccine clinics at the following times during the fall semster:
- Wednesday, October 6: Commons, Private Dining Room, 5 p.m.–8 p.m.
- Saturday, October 16: GSU South Café, 9 a.m.– 4 p.m. (Families may receive flu vaccines also but they will have to use their health insurance.)
- Wednesday, October 20: Commons, private dining room, 11 a.m.– 2 p.m.
Students may also receive a flu vaccine at Health Services, Monday through Friday on a walk-in basis from 9 a.m.– 3 p.m.
Student Health Insurance Requirement
Effective with the 2021–22 academic year, all full-time undergraduate and graduate students (defined as taking at least nine semester hours) who attend classes on campus must be covered under a health insurance plan and provide the University with evidence of coverage that is fully compliant with the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA) through a United States-based insurance company and claims administrator.
Hours of Operation: Health Services will be closed for patient care Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–10 .am. We will be open for patient care 10 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Health Services is located on the ground floor of the Sports Center and has its own entrance on the left side of the building.
Immunization records are required prior to the start of classes. Learn more.
After Hours Care
University of Hartford is partnered with Hartford HealthCare-GoHealth Urgent Care to offer after hours care. If you need care after hours, visit Hartford HealthCare-GoHealth Urgent Care in West Hartford’s Bishops Corner, just 2.5 miles from campus or schedule a Virtual Visit.
Connect with a Hartford HealthCare–GoHealth Urgent Care provider by video from your phone, tablet, or computer.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and
Saturday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Schedule a visit at GoHealthUC.com/CTStudents
Book a same-day or next-day Virtual Visits for non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses with a Hartford HealthCare-GoHealth Urgent Care telemedicine provider.
We treat hundreds of illnesses and injuries including:
- Asthma attacks and wheezing
- COVID-19 Evaluation
- Bronchitis and respiratory infection
- Colds, cough, flu and mild fever
- Earache or ear infection
- Headache and migraine
- Mild animal or insect bites
- Pink eye
- Poison oak and ivy
- Rash and skin infection
- Sinus infections
- Sore throat, laryngitis and strep
- Sprains and strains
- STD/STI treatment and testing
- Urinary tract infection(UTIs)