COVID-19 Employee Resources
Important human resources information for University of Hartford employees will be added to this page throughout the duration of the coronavirus health crisis.
Employee Vaccine Requirement
All employees were required to be fully vaccinated or get their first dose of the vaccine by Sunday, August 15. There is a process for applying for an exemption, and those who are not fully vaccinated will need to wear a mask and be tested (more details to come later).
Several sources and factors led to this decision:
- Survey results demonstrating that a very large proportion of our employees are vaccinated
- Employee feedback, collaboration with our peers and health-care partners
- Local and global status of the virus
- Health-care officials and the CDC consistently indicate that the best way to avoid contracting and spreading the virus is to become vaccinated
- Vaccinated individuals who contract COVID-19 are less likely to experience extreme illness and hospitalization
You must upload your vaccine card once you are fully vaccinated. If you have already done this, you do not need to resubmit. (Fully remote faculty who only teach online programs do not need to upload their cards.)
- Please click here to upload your vaccine card.
- Log in using your email username (without the @hartford.edu) and your email password.
- You can also log in via Self-Service Center
- Go to the “Employee” Tab
- The last option on the page says “upload COVID Vaccine Card”
- Then Log in using your email username (without the @hartford.edu) and your email password
- This short video will demonstrate how to upload your vaccine card.
- Please note that Health Portal is a secure University of Hartford owned site, operated by Health Services. Although Hartford Healthcare is our Health Services provider, PyraMed is University owned and on our internal server. This is not linked to your other medical records or MyChart accounts. All personal health information is secure.
Contact ITS by:
- Visiting CC 117
- Calling ext. 4357
- Emailing email@example.com
- Do no share any health information—this is strictly a technical support center
*Please do not contact Health Services unless it concerns the vaccine or questions about its efficacy. They cannot troubleshoot technical issues.
- Please take a photo of your card and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you complete your second dose, please follow the instructions to upload your card to the health portal.
- Please continue to wear a mask indoors until you are fully vaccinated. This is two weeks after your second shot in a two-dose sequence or two weeks after the Johnson and Johnson shot.
There may be some reasons why you are unable or unwilling to get the vaccine. To apply for an exemption, please review the attached paperwork. Once completed, you may email your exemption request to email@example.com by August 15 for consideration:
Consistent with the student requirements, if you receive an exemption, you must:
- Attend weekly testing (more information will be available soon)
- Wear a mask indoors
- Fill out the Daily Live Safe app when on campus
Access to Campus
All unvaccinated community members are asked to complete LiveSafe when accessing campus. Visitors, guests, and approved contractors/vendors should also complete LiveSafe when entering campus regardless of vaccination status. Anyone testing positive for COVID-19 or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms should also complete LiveSafe.
Technology Resources for Employees
The University of Hartford continues to add technology resources, user guidelines, and best practices to assist faculty and staff working remotely.
Employee Assistance Program
We have temporarily extended the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) coverage with The Lexington Group from 6 to 8 counseling sessions. We are especially mindful that as we come together to confront the challenges placed upon us by COVID-19, the health and safety of our employees is paramount. The Lexington Group is available 24/7 for help with any personal problem.
You can contact The Lexington Group for counseling relating to depression, and/or stress surrounding the current pandemic.
Contact The Lexington Group
Health and Wellness Resources
Make Your Home Desk Ergonomically Correct and Comfortable
As you settle in to remote working, make sure your work space is set up to not cause you pain. Watch a helpful video.