Storm Alert

Due to the potential of flooding, cars were to be moved from low-lying areas of lots C, D, E, F, and N-lot extension (as shown in pink on this map) by 11:59 p.m. Monday night. Cars should now be located in other locations on higher ground in these lots or in lot M (behind the Sports Center). If you need assistance, please contact Public Safety at 860.768.7985. Vehicles must be returned to assigned lots by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 27.

Assistance Animal Requests

Under the FHA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Dean of Students Office at The University of Hartford engages in an interactive and collaborative process with students in order to determine eligibility for an Assistance Animal in campus housing. 


A campus housing resident with a disability may keep an Assistance Animal in their residence hall room or campus apartment as a reasonable accommodation if 

  1. the student has a disability that a Health Professional has verified; 

  2. the Assistance Animal is necessary to afford the student an equal opportunity to use and enjoy campus housing; and  

  3. an identifiable relationship exists between the disability and the therapeutic relief or assistance the Assistance Animal provides, as that health care provider has verified. 


Eligibility for an assistance animal in campus housing is determined on a case-by–case basis upon review of required documentation. Students must contact Emily Burns by email at to access the Assistance Animal Application Packet. 


As a summary to the packet, documentation must include: 

  • Completed Assistance Animal Application packet (provided by request to students), including a signed Assistance Animal Agreement Form and the Assistance Animal Registration Form 
  • Statement of good health for the animal written and certified by licensed veterinarian 
  • The animal’s updated immunization records 
  • Photograph of the animal 
  • Written letter from a Health Professional with information that establishes the existence of a disability and a relationship between the disability and the need for an assistance animal (see Assistance Animal Packet for more information). 


Once documentation has been submitted, approval of an assistance animal can take up to 45 days to process. Assistance animals will not be permitted to campus until a student has received formal approval. 


For information about service animals or how to apply to have an assistance animal on campus, please contact Emily Burns at or call 860-768-4312