Storm Alert

Due to the potential of flooding, cars were to be moved from low-lying areas of lots C, D, E, F, and N-lot extension (as shown in pink on this map) by 11:59 p.m. Monday night. Cars should now be located in other locations on higher ground in these lots or in lot M (behind the Sports Center). If you need assistance, please contact Public Safety at 860.768.7985. Vehicles must be returned to assigned lots by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 27.


Contact Us

Auerbach Hall, Room 209
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
Phone: 860.768.4312
Fax: 860.768.4183

Registering for accessibility services is voluntary and it is the student’s responsibility to initiate and maintain contact with our office.

The student is responsible for submitting documentation to Access-Ability Services, separate from their admissions application. While the University is operating online, we ask that all documentation be emailed to

After you have submitted your documentation, we will email you on your University of Hartford email account in order to schedule your Intake Interview appointment. If your documentation is not considered current and sufficient, you may be granted accommodations on a provisional basis. Provisional accommodations will be granted for one semester allowing students to gather additional required documentation.

Intake Interview appointments usually last between 45 minutes and one hour and consist of completing paperwork, discussing the nature and limitations of the disability, and accommodations. During this appointment, an Access-Ability Services staff member will determine with you which accommodations you will be approved for.

After the Intake Interview appointment, Access-Ability Services will electronically send an Accommodation Letter, indicating the approved accommodations to each faculty requested by the student. By law, the nature and extent of the disability are not identified on this letter.

In order to activate the accommodations, it is the student’s responsibility to speak with their professor to use or waive specific approved accommodations.  It is the student’s right to use or waive approved accommodations on a case-by-case or semester-by-semester basis.

Please note that students must request accommodations each semester as accommodations do not roll over. Accommodations and services may also change over time. Additional or different documentation may be required in order for an accommodation to be approved or revised.