Veterans Benefits

Contact CSS

Certifying Officials are located in the Center for Student Success.

For questions, please email

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Veterans of the United States military, their spouses, and dependents are often eligible for educational funding through the Montgomery G.I. Bill® (Chapter 30), the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® (Chapter 33), the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Education Assistance Bill (Chapter 35), and other programs sponsored by the Veterans Administration (VA).  

Students who believe they are eligible for these benefits must supply a Certificate of Eligibility to the University of Hartford so the University can certify enrollments with the VA in an accurate manner.  This Certificate of Eligibility can be requested by the student through the VA’s website at VA Benefits and Health Care.

It is the responsibility of students receiving benefits to submit a completed and signed Request for Enrollment Certification to the Center for Student Success each semester/term.  In addition, any changes in enrollment (drop, withdrawal, and change in credit hours) should be reported. Pre-registration through an advisor or the Registrar does not automatically register a veteran for benefits.  Failure to supply notification will lead to delays with a student’s enrollment being certified.

Additional information about benefits can be found at VA Benefits and Health Care or call the VA Education Call Center at 888.442.4551.