First Year Applicants
The college application process can be complicated, but we are here to help! Learn all the details about applying as a first year student from admission requirements to deadlines.Applications for admission to the freshman class are considered on a "rolling basis" beginning in late September. Students may apply online through the University’s application portal or through the Common Application.
Requirements for AdmissionA candidate for admission to the University of Hartford must be a graduate of, or student who will be graduated from, an accredited secondary school, or must have passed a state secondary school equivalency examination.
Checklist for Applying to UHart—submit the following
- An application form submitted online or The Common Application along with the application fee. The Common Application is a not-for-profit organization that serves students and member institutions by providing an admission application – online and in print – that students may submit to any of its 456 members.
- An official transcript of the secondary school record; official college transcripts, if any.
- ACT or SAT scores (optional, see test optional policy). The University of Hartford CEEB code 003436.
- A letter of recommendation is required for admission. Please download and print the recommendation form, select one of the waiver options, print and sign your name, and ask one of your high school teachers or your counselor to complete the recommendation. The form should be returned to the following address:
For detailed academic requirements and other specific information for admission to a particular college of the university please contact the Office of Admission by calling 800.947.4303 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants to The Hartt School must complete an audition and/or interview. The Hartt School conducts auditions and interviews for all programs on campus, as well as in select cities around the United States.
The deadline for filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for financial aid consideration. Visit fafsa.gov. Our FAFSA federal school code is 001422.FAFSA application
The deadline to deposit for the Fall Semester is May 1. Ready to secure your place in the upcoming class?Deposit Online
Test Optional Policy
SAT or ACT scores are required if:
- You are homeschooled or attend a high school that provides only descriptive report cards rather than letter or number grades.
- You wish to be considered for our Presidents, Regents, or National Honors Academic Scholarships as well as the First Robotics Scholarship offered through the College of Engineering, Technology & Architecture.
Advanced Placement and College Credit
UHart generally grants credit to students who have earned scores of 3 or higher (4 for English Composition) on the appropriate Advanced Placement (AP) examination. Credit can also be awarded for courses taken at an accredited college or university while in high school.