Auditions & Interviews
Join The Hartt School!
In order to audition, students must apply to the University of Hartford.
Once an applicant has submitted their application to the University of Hartford, they will receive an email to register for an on-campus audition/interview.* If a student wishes to submit a virtual video audition, they may do so by uploading their recorded items to the applicant portal for review.
*Applicants applying for programs that require a prescreen will not be able to register for an audition until they have successfully passed their prescreen process.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
2024 On-Campus Audition Schedule
- Saturday Jan. 20: Woodwinds, Strings (violin, viola, cello, double bass, classical guitar and harp), Piano, Commercial Music (all instruments), Classical Voice, ALL Dance, ALL Theatre
- Sunday Jan. 21: Brass, Classical Voice, Jazz (all instruments), Percussion, ALL Theatre
- Saturday Feb. 17: Brass, Classical Voice, Jazz (all instruments), Percussion, ALL Theatre
- Sunday Feb. 18: Woodwinds, Strings (violin, viola, cello, double bass, classical guitar and harp), Piano, Commercial Music (all instruments), Classical Voice, ALL Dance, ALL Theatre
In some cases, an informal “interview” takes place during the allotted audition time to allow faculty an opportunity to get to know the applicant.
Graduate Audition Information
Graduate level conducting, music education, artist diploma, and doctoral applicants will need to submit preliminary recordings.
Upon favorable review of the preliminary conducting video, applicants will be contacted to schedule an audition, interview and entrance exams.
- Instrumental Performance
- Jazz Studies
- Piano Performance- Pedagogy
- Music Education
- Music History- Scholarship & Research
- Music History Pedagogy
- Music Theory
- Instrumental Performance- Conducting emphasis (full-time)
- Music History- Performance Practice
- Vocal Performance