At Hartt, we help you partner your passion with your dream profession. Our tight-knit community of performers, creators, and scholars will help guide you to your distinct path.
Contact The Hartt Admission Office
Steps to Apply
- Complete application to the University of Hartford
- Complete an Audition* and Hartt Profile which includes
- Audition Video
- Performance Resume
- Repertoire List
Please note: Applicants may also choose to submit audition and profile materials through Acceptd. This requires a fee to be paid to Acceptd directly. Applicants must still submit a complete application to the University of Hartford to be considered for acceptance.
Learn More about the undergraduate application requirements.
- Complete an application to the University of Hartford
- Complete an audition and interview*. All applicants will have an interview within their major’s department or with their audition panel. Applicants to all graduate music education programs will also complete a brief music skills assessment test.
- Submit supporting documents within two weeks of applying:
- Letter of Intent
- Performance/Professional Resume
- Repertoire list: Required for all auditioning applicants
- Preliminary Video and Portfolio Submission
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended
- $90 fee ($50 application fee + $40 audition/interview fee)
Learn more about the graduate application requirements.
*The Hartt School will not be hosting live auditions for 2021 applicants due to safety concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic. All applicants will be required to submit a recorded audition. Please visit our Auditions and Interviews page to learn more about audition requirements and submission instructions.
|Apply by:||Experience Hartt Day:|
|Pre-Screen Suggested Deadline:||Callback Dates:|
For the fall of 2021, we will receive applications for the following music degrees:
- Graduate Professional Diploma
- Artist Diploma
- Doctor of Musical Arts
- Master of Music
- Master of Music Education
- Master of Arts in Music
- Doctor of Philosophy in Music Education
We invite you to get an inside look at our tight-knit community of performers, creators, and educators. Explore our studios, experience our performances, and find out why Hartt is where you belong!
Accepted students are strongly encouraged to attend a Virtual Experience Hartt Day. These days will be live and give accepted students a chance to meet current students and faculty. More information about Experience Hartt days will be released soon.
The Hartt Admission Team
At Hartt, all accepted students are considered for scholarship with awards ranging up to full tuition. Scholarships are renewable annually for the length of the program to which the student was admitted. Students may apply for need-based financial aid by filing the FAFSALearn More
We are dedicated to making your education affordable. We’ll help you explore all available options to finance your UHart experience.Learn More
Reach out to our team of exceptional advisors, administrators, and counselors. They are here to help you become part of the UHart family.Learn More
Stephen Pier, Artistic DIrector, Dance
Your goal should be to trust yourself, your training, and engage fully in the audition process.