Recorded Auditions Resources
- Recorded auditions should be submitted via the UHart application portal
- Requirements for recorded video auditions are the same as live auditions.
- There is to be no editing of any kind.
- Each audition piece should be a separate file.
- Each file should include your full name and piece title.
- There is to be no artificial processing, including but not limited to reverb, equalization, dynamics (compressor, limiter, expander), and pitch alteration.
- A stereo recording is suggested. Microphone(s) should be approximately two feet from the instrument/voice.
Applicants should make every effort to have the best possible recording made of their audition performance. Recorded auditions that are of poor quality may result in faculty requesting a new recording Auditions may be denied due to poor recording quality.
All hard-copy recordings should be clearly labeled with the name of the applicant, degree, major, instrument/voice type, and email. Recordings that cannot identified cannot be reviewed.
All applicants auditioning by recording will be considered for admission and scholarship by virtue of their submission.
Undergraduate applicants: Submit recorded auditions and supplemental materials through one of the following:
- University of Hartford Applicant Portal
- Acceptd (please note: this requires that a fee be paid to Acceptd directly)
Graduate applicants: Submit recorded video auditions and supplemental materials through the University of Hartford applicant portal.