Recorded Auditions Resources
Your Hartt audition video should be recorded using the highest quality recording equipment available to you. Home recordings from a smartphone or laptop will allow us to accurately assess your performance. Should your recording not meet our needs, we will contact you directly. Your audition will be evaluated on the quality of your performance.
- Recorded auditions should be submitted via the UHart application portal
- Requirements for recorded video auditions are the same as live auditions.
- There is to be no editing of any kind.
- Each audition piece should be a separate file.
- Each file should include your full name and piece title.
- There is to be no artificial processing, including but not limited to reverb, equalization, dynamics (compressor, limiter, expander), and pitch alteration.
- A stereo recording is suggested. Microphone(s) should be approximately two feet from the instrument/voice.
All hard-copy recordings should be clearly labeled with the name of the applicant, degree, major, instrument/voice type, and email. Recordings that cannot identified cannot be reviewed.
All applicants auditioning by recording will be considered for admission and scholarship by virtue of their submission.
Undergraduate applicants: Submit recorded auditions and supplemental materials through one of the following:
- University of Hartford Applicant Portal
- Acceptd (please note: this requires that a fee be paid to Acceptd directly)
Graduate applicants: Submit recorded video auditions and supplemental materials through the University of Hartford applicant portal.