Important Health Advice
Health Services and Hartford HealthCare, our on-campus health provider, are vital partners in our fight against COVID-19.
If You Feel Ill
Here is what to do if you are experiencing any symptoms that may be consistent with COVID-19. Be aware that symptoms of COVID-19 may be mild and that people with mild infection are still able to spread the virus to others.
1. report symptoms, positive test, or confirmed exposure
Report any of the following circumstances or symptoms (regardless of severity) via the Daily Health Screening in the LiveSafe app.
- Fever (100.4° or higher) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Positive test for COVID-19 off campus or with an at-home test
- Close contact with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19
2. AWAIT A CALL FROM OUR CONTACT TRACING TEAM
The University of Hartford has hired a team of contact tracers who are registered nurses. A nurse will call you from California or Colorado area codes. Be sure to answer any unknown numbers that come in once you have filled out the LiveSafe app declaring one of the above situations.
Participation in contact tracing is required. Failure to respond to the inquiries of our contact tracers is a violation of the contact tracing policy and you will face disciplinary action if you are not in compliance.