Important Health Advice
Health Services and Hartford HealthCare, our on-campus health provider, are vital partners in our fight against COVID-19.
If You Feel Ill
Here is what to do if you are experiencing any symptoms that may be consistent with COVID-19. Be aware that symptoms of COVID-19 may be mild and that people with mild infection are still able to spread the virus to others. If you are feeling unwell and are unsure of what to do, please contact Health Services for medical advice.
1. report positive test
If you receive a positive test, you are required to report this to our COVID-19 Response Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure when to test? Here are the most common symptoms of COVID-19:
- Fever (100.4° or higher) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
2. AWAIT A CALL FROM OUR COVID-19 Response Team
- A member of the COVID-19 Response Team will call you to discuss your symptoms and provide you with your official dates for isolation. The University will follow current CDC guidance.
- The length of isolation will be five days from symptom onset or from the date of your positive test if no symptoms are present.
- A negative test is NOT required to return to campus. However, you will be required to wear a mask for an additional five days when in the presence of others. This five days is in addition to the isolation period.
3. Identify and Reach out to your Close Contacts
You should plan to notify your close contacts, both in and outside the University, of your positive test. Formal contact tracing and notification of close contacts will no longer take place via the COVID Response Team. We ask that you notify your close contacts so that they can take appropriate action.
What To Do Outside Regular Hours
If you test positive outside of our regular hours or on the weekend or a holiday, your course of action depends on your affiliation with the University:
Residential Students should immediately put on a mask, isolate in a private location, email email@example.com, and make arrangements to leave campus to isolate at home*. For the safety of others, you should plan to leave campus within 1–2 hours of testing positive. A member of the COVID Response Team will contact you the next business day to give you more instructions.
*If home is not within driving distance (>200 miles away), we do not recommend that you board a plane with COVID. Instead, please call Public Safety at 860.768.7985 to report your case and receive further instructions.
Commuter Students should remain at home and take precautions to protect others within the home. Do not come to campus. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the COVID Response Team will reach out to you during the next business day to give you more instructions.
Faculty and Staff should remain at home and take precautions to protect others within the home. Do not come to campus. Email email@example.com as well as your supervisor to inform them of your case. A member of the COVID Response Team will reach out to you during the next business day to give you more instructions.