Residential Life Guest Policy
To keep our community safe, we have a strict guest policy in effect this year.
As of April 8, the following guest policy is in place for residences at the University of Hartford:
students who live alone
- Students who live in stand-alone singles or who do not have any room, suite- or apartment-mates (meaning they are the only one assigned to their entire housing unit – not just bedroom) may have one guest at a time in their space.
- These guests must live in the same neighborhood (A-F) or building (Hawk Hall, Regents Park, Park River, and Village Apartments) as the resident they are visiting, but do not need to live on the same floor. For example, if you live in Poe, you can visit a friend’s room in Malcolm X, Dubois, Willard, and Poe. If you live in Hawk Hall, you can visit anyone who is living alone in Hawk Hall.
- Residents and their guests must wear masks and maintain social distance.
- Non-residential students are not allowed in residential spaces.
students who have room, suite- or apartment-mates
- Residential students shall only enter the building to which they are assigned.
- Commuters are not allowed in the residence halls.
- Gatherings of any size within campus housing units will not be permitted at any time. Additionally, large indoor gatherings or ‘parties’ will not be permitted at any time, as these types of events may significantly increase the spread of COVID-19 and could lead to the University needing to close campus and move all courses online.
- The restrictions shall not apply to members of Residential Life, Facilities, Public Safety, or an authorized University official engaged in University business.
This policy supersedes all prior guest and visitor policies, as well as room occupancy policies published prior to March 2020.
The Residential Life Guest Policy is in The Source (Student Handbook). Notification of this policy via email is considered each student’s ‘warning’ of this policy. Verbal warnings or reminders will be given along with referrals to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution for first-time alleged violations. Students found to have failed to comply with the Guest Policy will be subject to educational and punitive sanctions which may include:
- Removal from campus housing, without receipt of any housing or dining refund;
- Banned from campus with the opportunity to continue available courses online only; and/or
- Expelled from the University.
The University reserves the right to impose additional educational and/or punitive sanctions for violations of this Policy.
This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis taking into consideration, but not limited to, the on-campus environmental conditions, and updates from local, state, and CDC-related guidance concerning COVID-19.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, older adults and those with underlying medical conditions, are especially vulnerable. By visiting UHart you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.