RIMS-CRMP Certificate Prep Workshop Hosted by Barney School and RIMS
The University of Hartford’s Barney School of Business joins with RIMS (Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.), to present the RIMS-CRMP Prep Virtual Workshop, August 17-19, 2020. Gain an edge with the RIMS-CRMP (RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional), the only internationally accredited risk management certification. With accreditation from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under ISO/IEC 17024:2012, you will meet high professional industry standards.
RIMS-CRMP Prep Virtual Workshop
- Dates: August 17–19, 2020
- Times: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm EDT (Day 1 & 2) | 9:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT (Day 3)
- Instructor: Chris Mandel, Director, Sedgwick Institute; SVP of Strategic Solutions, Sedgwick
- Fee: $1,999 (includes the RIMS-CRMP application fee)
- Registration Deadline: August 10, 2020
- Registration Link: http://go.RIMS.org/Hartford
There are a variety of benefits with the certification, including:
- Proving your knowledge of risk management competencies.
- Demonstrating your commitment to the profession by adhering to a strict Code of Ethics and meeting continuing education requirements.
- Enhancing your professional reputation and gaining a competitive advantage.
- Eligibility would be pointed towards Barney graduates generally
Degree and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or global equivalent) in risk management, and
- One year of full-time work experience (or full-time equivalence) in risk management*
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or global equivalent) in non–risk management area of study, and
- Three years of full-time work experience (or full-time equivalence) in risk management*
Non-Degree Experience Requirement:
- Seven years of risk management experience*
- Possessing the Associate in Risk Management (ARM) counts towards two years of risk management experience.
Did you know that 57% of RIMS-CRMPs have director, vice president, or C-suite positions? Get certified! The RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional (RIMS-CRMP) is a competency-based risk management certification that demonstrates performance ability and technical knowledge. RIMS-CRMP certification holders can navigate any risk environment.
Start your RIMS-CRMP journey at the virtual prep workshop, August 17–19. Register now—space is limited.
* Risk Management Experience is occupational experience that leverages the opportunities and uncertainties associated with an organization’s goals and objectives. This includes implementing, developing or leading the risk management practices that enable an organization to make risk-effective decisions that create and sustain value.<
If you have specific questions on the details of this program, please contact our faculty lead of the program, Ken Goldstein, at KGOLDSTEI@hartford.edu.