February TIAA Webinars
The Office of Human Resources Development partners with TIAA to offer our faculty and staff the opportunity to view free, live webinars regarding financial wellness. These webinars provide focused information on the five foundational themes of financial literacy – spending, saving, planning, investing and living in retirement.
The webinars are presented by TIAA professionals who provide easy to understand sessions with live question and answer opportunities as well as convenient replays.
The webinars are designed for all employees, whether just starting out on planning for retirement or those nearing retirement. Choose the webinar that you wish and register.
November’s special live webinar topics are listed below. Please note: Registration can be accessed for all webinars through this single direct link
- Market proof your retirement - You’ve worked hard to save for retirement. TIAA can help you understand how to create a diversified retirement income plan that protects you against key retirement risks. Feb. 16 at noon (ET)
- Understanding Health Savings Accounts -You may know about the tax advantages of contributing to a Health Savings Account (HSA), but did you know that HSAs are also a way to save for healthcare in retirement? We’ll help you understand unique aspects of HSAs, including how they help account owners pay for current healthcare expenses and save for those in the future. Feb. 17 at noon (ET)
- Strategies for staying on track - No matter how much or how little money you can save for retirement, it’s important that you start now and stay invested for your future. You can learn how taking smart financial steps today may help lead you to a solid financial future after you’ve stopped working. Feb. 17 at 5 p.m. (ET)
- Estate planning considerations -Ensuring that our assets will pass to loved ones and causes that are near and dear is important to most of us. Discover the components of a basic estate plan and strategies to ensure that your wishes are met. Feb. 22 at 3 p.m. (ET)
- At Your Fingertips: Manage your money from wherever you are - Learn about TIAA’s commitment to digital, and how we’re leveraging the latest technologies in our online and mobile tools to help you save time and achieve financial success while you’re on-the-go. Feb. 23 at noon. (ET)
- Discover the power of financial well-being -Whether you’re the kind of person that lives and spends in the now or plans for what’s ahead, there are always ways to save smarter. In this seminar, you’ll learn a number of strategies for better managing your money, so you have the knowledge and confidence to pay your bills, save for a rainy day, and achieve any larger financial goals you’ve set for yourself. Feb. 24 at 2 p.m. (ET)