Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: Understanding Our Impact
We continue to be committed to building and sustaining a community that is welcoming, inclusive and that supports and embraces a deep sense of belonging for everyone.
All staff and faculty are encouraged to participate in the Spring 2022 EVERFI online training module, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: Understanding Our Impact. This training module will:
- Emphasize the impact learners have on creating a working environment of belonging through exploring the topic of microaggressions.
- Learners will gain an understanding on the impact of subtle, yet common, microaggressions (such as touching someone’s hair, commenting about body size, and more), as well as provide concrete guidance about what to do or say instead.
- Learners will focus on how to respond if one commits a microaggression, as well as how to respond if someone is the target of a microaggression in the workplace.
- This EVERFI training module, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: Understanding Our Impact training module will be sent to you via email beginning Friday, March 11, 2022
- This module can be completed at your own pace and will take approximately 30 minutes to complete
- If you experience any technical difficulties, information to contact EVERFI directly will be located at the bottom of the email you receive with module access information.
- It will be available through May 31, 2022
Thank you for your participation and commitment to fostering a safe, inclusive, welcoming campus community. Let’s continue on this journey.
Christine B. Grant
Executive Director, Diversity and Community Engagement
Office of the President
Human Resources Development