May TIAA Webinars
The Office of Human Resources Development partners with TIAA to offer our faculty and staff the opportunity to view free, live webinars regarding financial wellness. These webinars provide focused information on the five foundational themes of financial literacy – spending, saving, planning, investing and living in retirement.
The webinars are presented by TIAA professionals who provide easy to understand sessions with live question and answer opportunities as well as convenient replays.
The webinars are designed for all employees, whether just starting out on planning for retirement or those nearing retirement. Choose the webinar that you wish and register.
Live webinar topics are listed below. Registration can be accessed for all webinars here.
- The Starting Line: Beginning to save for retirement The importance of planning early, maximizing retirement plan contributions and how smart steps in the beginning of your career can help lead you to a more solid financial future.
May 11 at noon (ET)
- The power of savings In this webinar, you’ll learn a number of strategies for better managing your money so you have the knowledge and confidence to pay your bills, save for a rainy day, and achieve any larger financial goals you’ve set for yourself.
May 11 at 3 p.m. (ET)
- Estate planning considerations Ensuring that our assets will pass to loved ones and causes that are near and dear is important to most of us. Discover the components of a basic estate plan and strategies to ensure that your wishes are met.
May 12 at 12 p.m. (ET)
- Lifetime Income: Marketproof your retirement You’ve worked hard to save for retirement. TIAA can help you understand how to create a diversified retirement income plan that protects you against key retirement risks.
May 12 at 3 p.m. (ET)
- The New Nest Egg: Why an HSA can be an important component to your retirement savings strategy You may know about the tax advantages of contributing to a Health Savings Account (HSA), but did you know that HSAs are also a way to save for healthcare expenses in retirement? During this discussion, we’ll go through how HSAs can help you in your journey toward financial wellness.
May 18 at 3 p.m. (ET)
- Opening doors to the future—Save in a 529 college savings plan You can learn how 529 college savings plans work and how to invest in one for a child, grandchild, yourself or other loved one.
May 24 at noon (ET)