The Connecticut Association of Professional Financial Aid Administrators (CAPFAA) is pleased to announce the CAPFAA Scholarship for the 2022-2023 academic year. We are excited to be able to award six (6) non-renewable $1,000 scholarships to three (3) eligible undergraduate and three (3) eligible graduate students in pursuit of higher education in the State of Connecticut.
In order to be an eligible applicant for this scholarship award, all candidates must be attending current CAPFAA member institutions (UHart meets this requirement) and meet the following requirements:
• For Undergraduate Students: be enrolled in a postsecondary institution as a full-time undergraduate student in a degree program OR in a certificate program of at least 900 clock hours, 24 semester hours, or 36 quarter hours.
• For Graduate Students: be enrolled in a postsecondary institution as a graduate or professional student in a degree or certificate program on at least a half-time basis.
• Have completed a minimum of one term or semester of full-time study or at least one half of a clock hour or non-term-based program.
• Must have a maximum Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $6,000 or less, per the student’s most recent FAFSA submission in 2022-2023, and be eligible to receive federal financial aid.
• Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
• Must have performed unpaid community service or volunteer activities in the past twenty-four (24) months, not related to educational credit. • Not be a prior CAPFAA Scholarship winner, CAPFAA member, or an immediate relative of a CAPFAA member.
Application and all required attachments must be received no later than May 20 at 5 p.m. by postal mail, or email to the CAPFAA Scholarship Committee Chair.
Further details regarding this scholarship opportunity can be found on the scholarship application.