Reminder about Workers Compensation Procedures

October 17, 2022
Submitted By: Jenna Holtzner

Any faculty, staff, temporary, or student employee who sustains a work-related injury or illness is required to report the incident immediately to their supervisor. In turn, the supervisor is accountable for reporting the circumstances surrounding the work-related injury/illness to HRD by completing an Accident/Incident Investigation Form[i] immediately following the accident/incident.

 This form must be submitted within 24 hours of the accident/incident to HRD via email ( or fax (860.768.4732). HRD will then submit a First Report of Injury and coordinate claims processing with the University’s Workers’ Compensation insurance carrier.

The University participates in the Connecticut Medical Managed Care Plan, with approved network providers[ii] available to treat work-related injuries/illnesses. Failure to use a network provider for a work-related injury/illness may result in denial of medical and/or lost wage benefits.

Preferred Providers

St. Francis Center for Occupational Health                      Concentra Medical Center

100 Deerfield Rd, Windsor, CT 06095                                         1080 Day Hill Road, Windsor, CT 06095

860.714.9444                                                                             860.298.8442                                                       


Medworks Occupational Health                                          CorpCare Occupational Health Center

975 Farmington Ave. #1, Bristol, CT 06010                                 2800 Tamarack Ave. Suite 001, South Windsor, CT 06074

860.589.0114                                                                             860.647.4796

When non-emergency medical treatment is necessary, please use any of the preferred providers. All facilities have fully qualified physicians, medical technicians, diagnostic services, and rehabilitative facilities. If you are in need of emergency medical assistance, please go to the nearest hospital for treatment.


Supervisors (or designees) should contact Human Resources Development

to pre-authorize their employee’s visit to any of these locations.

Preferred Pharmacy Network

For a complete list of network pharmacies, visit or call 1.877.528.9497

and utilize the Prescription Fill Form if necessary

[i] Additional information regarding this procedure is located on HRD's website at or by contacting the HR Benefit Manager.


[ii] To access The Traveler’s Provider Search, visit, select the Claim Center tab, select “Should I File A Claim” then click “Find a Service Provider” at the bottom of the page. Click “Medical providers.”  Select “Workers Compensation” then click “Yes” under “Would you like to find a ConciergeClaim Nurse location?” Enter your zip code and click “Find Claim Services.“