Institutional Review Board
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) at the University of Hartford is charged with the ethical review and oversight of research that involves human subjects. The complementary concerns of the IRB are to protect human subjects from harm and to support the advancement of ethics in science.
We strongly encourage you to review the information on this site as it may answer many of your questions regarding human subjects research.
Every researcher submitting a research proposal to the IRB must provide CITI certification of human subjects training for themselves and any other researchers participating. This includes student researchers, faculty supervising student research, and researchers from other institutions.IRB Training
Learn about the proposal process and required documents needed.Proposal Requirements
The IRB is in recess for the month of August, and proposals will not be reviewed during the month of August.
Institutional Review Board (IRB) members are:
- Jessica York, IRB Chair, Dean of Graduate Studies and Research
- Robert Dryden, Ph.D., Professor, Hillyer College
- Duffy Felmlee, Associate Professor, College of ENHP
- Michael Gale, Assistant Professor, Graduate Institute of Professional Psychology
- Andy Wei Hao, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Barney School of Business
- Sarah Hart, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, College of ENHP
- Branislav Kovacic, Ph.D., Associate Professor, School of Communication, College of Arts and Sciences
- Leonard Milling, Ph.D., Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Akane Mori, Associate Professor, The Hartt School
- Michael Nowak, Sc.D., Professor, College of Engineering, Technology and Architecture
- Leila Rosa, Assistant Professor, Department of Education Studies, Rhode Island College