Institutional Review Board
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) at the University of Hartford is charged with the ethical review and oversight of research that involves human subjects. The complementary concerns of the IRB are to protect human subjects from harm and to support the advancement of ethics in science.
We strongly encourage you to review the information on this site as it may answer many of your questions regarding human subjects research.
Every researcher submitting a research proposal to the IRB must provide CITI certification of human subjects training for themselves and any other researchers participating. This includes student researchers, faculty supervising student research, and researchers from other institutions.Learn More
Learn about the proposal process and required documents needed.Learn More
The IRB is in recess for the month of August, and proposals will not be reviewed during the month of August.
Institutional Review Board (IRB) members are:
- Sundeep Muppidi, Ph.D., IRB Chair, Special Assistant Provost for Strategic Initiatives, and Profess, School of Communication, College of Arts & Sciences
- Robert Dryden, Ph.D., Professor, Hillyer College
- Duffy Felmlee, Associate Professor, College of ENHP
- Andy Wei Hao, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Barney School of Business
- Sarah Hart, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, College of ENHP
- Branislav Kovacic, Ph.D., Associate Professor, School of Communication, College of Arts and Sciences
- Adrienne R. Allen, Psy.D., Assistant Professor, Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry
- Leonard Milling, Ph.D., Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Michael Nowak, Sc.D., Professor, College of Engineering, Technology and Architecture
- Anne Pidano, Ph.D., Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Kamau Wright, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, College of Engineering, Technology and Architecture