Employee Professional Opportunities, Workshops, and Educational Resources (EmPOWER) is a cross-departmental initiative designed to bring a thoughtful professional development and computer training program to the staff and managerial faculty members of the University of Hartford community.
The University of Hartford constantly strives to improve the efficiency of training opportunities available to our new and existing staff and collegiate chairs responsible for the oversight of staff. With this initiative, we aim to provide a single point of contact for all professional development training opportunities available to University employees, safeguard the standardization of class content, and ensure regularly scheduled Banner and other computer system training.
Legally-mandated Sexual Harassment Training
Changes to The State of Connecticut law on Sexual Harassment training has mandated that the University to provide all existing employees with sexual harassment training.
Here’s how to get started:
- Go to the online training.
- Provide your full name and University of Hartford email address, and click “register”.
- You will receive an email from CHRO enclosing the online training. Click “view training”.
- Click the “Materials” tab.
- Watch the videos, titled “Section 1” thru “Section 6”, complete all requires quizzes.
- Within 24 -72 hours you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- In order to receive credit for the online training, you must forward the Certificate of Completion to EmPOWER at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your Certificate of Completion is received, you will be scheduled to attend a live one-hour interactive training with the Title IX Coordinator, Lynn Ernest Roberts.
While it remains a legally mandated training, the live and interactive campus version of this class cannot be held at this time. Please watch your email for the new dates when it is safe to once again schedule them.