Open Alumni Board Positions
Interested in serving on the Alumni Board, or know of a deserving candidate? Submit a nomination. All Board positions begin on July 1; nominations close on January 3 of that same year. For more information contact us at email@example.com.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Click for position descriptions and responsibilities.
It is the responsibility of an Alumni Board of Directors Member to attend to the needs of the board, as defined by the President in consultation with the alumni engagement team. This position is flexible to meet the most immediate needs of the Board for a three-year term. The portfolio for the Member at Large will be submitted to the Governance Committee for selection of an alumna/us whose skill set will satisfy the needs of the position.
It is also expected that each member of the Alumni Board will be an annual donor and supporter of the UHart Impact Fund and, if possible, make a leadership gift.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Board Participation
- Attends and actively participates in board and assigned committee meetings.
- Serves as a member of at least one board committee—where assigned, as needed, or of interest.
- Supports efforts to communicate alumni engagement efforts and activities to the University and alumni communities.
- Attends alumni events throughout the calendar year.
- Identifies potential alumni volunteers, sharing information with staff and other board members.
- Uses every opportunity to widen and deepen the circles of alumni engagement and support in the life of the University.
- Serves as an advocate and ambassador for the University of Hartford.
The term of office for a board member is three years, beginning July 1.