Upcoming Orientation Sessions
Your Virtual Introduction to Campus
Although Orientation will be delivered a little differently due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are still very excited for you to learn how to make the University of Hartford feel like your home away from home.
- Learn how to take advantage of opportunities for a successful beginning of your college career
- Begin friendships with fellow incoming students
- Receive academic advising information
- Hear from some of our faculty and staff and learn about the first-year experience at UHart.
Over the summer, you will also have a chance to join a series of webinars and interactive sessions on a wide variety of topics, including student support services, billing and financial aid, academic advising, residential life, engagement opportunities, honors, dining, and more! These sessions are optional and you can choose those you are interested in. You can find the schedule below.
We're so excited to virtually meet you this summer. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us so that we can help! firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2020 Sessions
Please reserve your spot during one of our Orientation sessions by selecting your preferred date and logging into your admission portal to complete the registration form.
- June 5: 9–12:45 p.m.
- June 5: 1–4:45 p.m.
- June 6: 9–12:45 p.m.
- June 6: 1–4:45 p.m.
- June 12: 9–12:45 p.m.
- June 12: 1–4:45 p.m.
- June 13: 1–4:45 p.m.
Wether you sign up for the morning or afternoon Orientation session, the schedule remains the same.
9–9:45 a.m. (morning session) or 1–1:45 p.m. (afternoon session)
10–10:45 a.m. (morning session) or 2–2:45 p.m. (afternoon session)
Your First-Year Experience
11–11:30 a.m. (morning session) or 3–3:30 p.m. (afternoon session)
Icebreaker with Orientation Leaders
11:45–12:45 p.m. (morning session) or 3:45–4:45 p.m. (afternoon session)
Get to know your college
5:30–7 p.m. (both morning and afternoon sessions)
All students connect with each other through our social application
Over the summer, we will be hosting a series of webinars and interactive events through ZeeMee an Webex. These are optional.
- June 16: Meet your student's Dean (just parents)
- July 14: Billing and Financial Aid (parents and students)
- June 18: Student Support Services (parents and students)
- July 14: Learn about your account (students)
- June 23: Getting Involved in the Campus Community (parents and students)
- June 24: Faith on Campus (parents and students)
- June 25: Hartford Scholars (parents and students in the Hartford Scholars program)
- July 9: STRIDE (parents and students in the Stride program)
- July 16: Families of Commuters (parents and students)
- July 20: Residential Life and Dining (parents and students)
- July 28: Honors (parents and students)
- TBD: Health and Safety (parents and students)
- TBD: Financial Aid (parents and students)
- TBD: Getting ready for move in (parents and students)
- TBD: Accessibility (parents and students)
We know that meeting other students and making new friends is a huge part of your college experience. That's why we have partnered with ZeeMee, a social application. Similar to Instagram you will be able to watch videos and posts from other students, introduce yourself, and create smaller communities to get all your questions answered. There is even a roommate matching feature. You will be invited to this platform through text prior to Orientation.
Get Excited for Orientation
Not sure what to expect for Orientation? Learn how we plan to connect you with other students, explore residential life, identify clubs that will suit you, and be prepared for academics.