We're so excited to welcome you to our community!
Whether you are living in one of our neighborhoods, commuting to campus, or attending online courses, you are now a University of Hartford Hawk! And we want to celebrate that!
Starting college is a huge milestone—embrace the moment. We can't wait to guide you through the process.
You have the opportunity in front of you to do big things and we look forward to watching you do it!
Next Steps: Preparing for your first year on campus!
As you prepare for your first year in college, we wanted to remind you of some important items to complete before you join us in the fall. We've summarized some of the bigger items to accomplish, but please review our orientation checklist for all of your next steps.
- Sign-Up For Orientation: Join us for our required orientation on June, 3, 4, or 5. We have an alternative date of Aug. 19 for students who are unable to attend in June!
- Submit your Health Immunization Form: This one is REALLY important. All students must submit a health immunization record, signed by your doctor, by July 15.
- Complete your housing application: If you are planning to live on campus, your deadline for completing the housing application is June 15. The deadline to apply to live in a Residential Learning Community is May 6.
- Complete your pre-registration survey: The Center for Student Success uses your pre-registration survey to complete your class registration. You will receive this via email and the priority deadline to submit is May. 10. If your survey is submitted by May 10, you can expect to receive your class schedule July 5.
Important Deadlines to Keep in Mind
We know there is a lot of keep track of so we wanted to provide you with one area where you can find all of your important deadlines. If you deposit to UHart after any of these dates—not to worry! Please reach out to our Center for Student Success or Office of Residential Life for help.
- Deadline—May 6: Application to live in a Residential Living Community (RLC) is due—This is a section on the Housing Application.
- Priority Deadline—May 30: Complete Pre-registration Survey
- Priority Deadline—May 30: Register for Orientation
- Deadline—June 15: Complete the Housing Application
- Deadline—July 15: Submit Health & Immunization Records
- Deadline—August 10: Sign-up for a Move-in Timeslot
Other Important Dates:
- Issued by June 30: Roommate Assignments
- July 5: Class Schedules Distributed
- July 6: Tuition Bill Released
Join us on ZeeMee!
As you lead up to opening weekend, we have some fun ways for you to engage with your future classmates and friends! Join us on the ZeeMee platform for these fun virtual events:
- August 15 at 7 p.m.: Back to School Trivia— Join us on the Committed Class of 2026 Chat Channel.
- August 16 at 7 p.m.: Transfer Student Q&A— Join us on the Admits Transfers Chat Channel.
- August 17 at 7 p.m.: All Incoming Student Q&A— Join us on the Committed Class of 2026 Chat Channel.
Moving to Campus
Living on campus is a great opportunity to immerse yourself into the campus community! View our housing website for more information on your housing options, the housing application, and move-in instructions.