Give to HCD
As the community arm of the University of Hartford’s Hartt School, the mission of HCD is to enrich lives through innovative and unparalleled performing arts education. Our diverse programming provides a comprehensive educational and artistic experience for students of all ages and abilities.
The Fund for Access is a need-based financial assistance program that provides access to high-caliber performing arts instruction to students who otherwise cannot afford it.
HCD's honors program supports merit-based scholarships for students who show great promise in their individual study. Scholarships are awarded based on teacher recommendation, audition, and performance.
- HCD Scholarship Fund
- String Honors, Abraham M. Huang Memorial Award and John Jorgensen Memorial Award
- Vocal Honors, Bel Canto Scholarship and Nancy Andersen Vocal Activities Fund
- Piano Honors, Evelyn Bonar Storrs Scholarship and Dr. Watson Morrison Scholarship
- Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion, Guitar and Harp Honors, Beatrice Sewall Scholarship
- Dance Honors, Francine Goldfarb Scholarship and Dancing Margaret Ashford Scholarship
- Connecticut Children's Chorus, Menhart Family Scholarship
- Chamber Music Honors, Alice Kaiser Chamber Music Fund
Diverse and innovative programming makes us distinctive. Continued exploration and enhancement of these programs is critical to the development of our students and faculty as whole artists.
- Alice Kaiser Fund, chamber music support
- Connecticut Youth Symphony Program Fund
- David Einfeldt Memorial Fund, Suzuki program support
- Friends of Dance, supports dance productions and programs
- Connecticut Children's Chorus Tour Fund
Serving students and faculty requires appropriate equipment, instruments, facilities, faculty development, and continuous maintenance.
- Community Division Activities Fund, supports investment in all aspects of the school, most notably in the areas listed above
- Dance Activities Fund
- Friends of Dance (parent boosters)
The arts are vital to our family. Without the support towards tuition, our children would nor be able to grow up with the gift of this education, a gift that will last a lifetime.