Dining Services is enhancing its safety protocols to keep Hawks healthy. Here is how they are working to protect you:
increased cleaning, sanitizing and other safety protocols
- Enhanced team member training
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of high touch areas every 20 minutes
- Increased hand washing protocols
- Daily team member health verification and screening
- Removing and centralizing potential high-touch contamination points to ensure frequent cleaning and sanitizing
- Installation of barriers wherever social distancing is not possible.
- Align with the University's Keeping Hawks Healthy campaign.
- All team members have reviewed and signed Lets Keep Hawks Healthy Pledge
- Level 1-3 mitigation strategies/protocols
- Quarantine and Isolation plan and protocols
- State of CT COVID-19 Prevention Certification Completion for all campus locations.
TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION CHANGES
- Occupancy monitoring systems at Commons and GSU Café
- Sanitation beacons
- No-touch payment solutions at all locations
- No-touch beverage solutions
- Campus has moved to GrubHub Ultimate Platform
- GrubHub kiosk locations in GSU, Dana Hall, Mortensen Library, and PAC
- Increased mobile ordering functionality.
- Increased menu selections and meal plan functionality
- Introduction of e-commerce solutions to provide access to meal plan additions and changes 24/7 through CampusDish.