Barney School Named a Best Business School for 2021 by The Princeton Review
The University of Hartford's Barney School of Business is one of the nation's most outstanding business schools, according to The Princeton Review®. The education services company chose the school for its list, "Best Business Schools for 2021," released December 8, 2020.
"We recommend the Barney School of Business as an excellent choice for an aspiring MBA," said Rob Franek, The Princeton Review's editor-in-chief. He noted that the company chose the schools for its 2021 list based on data from the company's surveys of administrators at business schools during the 2019-20 academic year. The administrator survey covered topics from academic offerings and admission requirements to data about currently enrolled students and graduates' employment.
The Princeton Review also takes student opinions into account when developing its list.
"What makes our Best Business Schools list unique is that we factor in data from our surveys of students attending the schools about their campus and classroom experiences, Franek said. “For our 2021 list we tallied surveys of more than 17,800 students at 244 business schools."
The Princeton Review's 80-question student survey asked students about their school's academics, student body, and campus life as well as about themselves and their career plans. The student surveys were conducted during the 2019-20, 2018–19, and 2017–18 academic years.
Some sample Barney School student quotes from the survey include:
- The Barney School of Business at the University of Hartford boasts an “outstanding reputation”, “successful alumni” and a “flexible program.”
- Hartford MBA students are privy to a myriad of “class options” that frequently place an emphasis on “practical application.” Even better, they receive a top-notch education at a relatively “low cost.”
- A number of students are also grateful that they are able to select a course schedule that “accommodate[s] work…[and] family life.”
- The Barney School of Business’s Hartford location is surely great for career advancement. After all, the city of Hartford in Connecticut has a “significant financial and insurance presence.”
- The Barney School also frequently invites alumni to return to campus to discuss their career trajectories with current students. You’ll find graduates of the Barney School of Business at such illustrious companies as KPMG, Cantor Fitzgerald, Edible Arrangements, UBS, Travelers, MassMutual Financial Group, People’s United Bank, Deloitte, Lazard, NYSE and Barnum Financial Group (BFG).
- The University does a fantastic job of partnering with all types of businesses—from large corporations to small nonprofits and government organizations. These connections play out on multiple fronts, with students able to participate in information sessions, professional development workshops, corporate visits and on-campus interviews.
Additional information about The Princeton Review's Best Business Schools for 2020 can be found on their website.