Hired Before Graduation
Our Hawks Get Hired.
At the University of Hartford, we instill the knowledge, experience, and confidence that prepares our graduates for greatness. Hands-on learning bridges the gap from the classroom to the real world, setting you up for long-term career success.
Our students all have one thing in common.
They're empowered to find a job that they love.
Our promise is simple: well-versed faculty and outstanding career advisors create a network of support that allows you to excel beyond the limits of the classroom. Well before you graduate, our industry connections will have you rubbing elbows with companies such as Aetna, Boston Scientific, Cigna, Comcast Corporation, Hartford HealthCare, Infinity Music Hall, NASA, Stanley Black & Decker, Travelers Insurance, and United Technologies Corporation (to name a few).
But it isn't just about who you know—it's also about how you feel. Our expert faculty and dedicated staff in the Center for Student Success and Career and Professional Development provide mentorship, resources, and workshops preparing you with an unwavering sense of tenacity. You'll emerge self-assured and ready, knowing that you have what it takes to stand out among the rest.
UHart by the Numbers
- Students can earn 2 degrees in 4 years with >Barney’s 3+1 bachelor’s-to-master’s program
- ENHP offers 29 nationally accredited degree and certificate programs
- The Hartt School houses 16+ ensembles and 5 dance studios
- The maximum number of students in a Hillyer class is 18
- The average GPA for all CETA students over the past ten years is 3.62
- 94% of Hillyer faculty have doctoral degrees
- 70% of CETA students have completed at least one internship before graduation
- 75% of ENHP students participated in at least one real-world learning experience (internship, clinical placement, student teaching)
- CETA includes 4 industry-standard makerspaces such as a machinery power lab and robotics lab
- ENHP offers 400+ clinical sites, including school systems, hospitals, and other health-care organizations
- The Hartt School offers 400+ performances, lectures, and master classes a year
- 91% of Barney students are working or continuing their education after graduation
- 99% of CETA students accept jobs in their field or continue their education after graduation
- 94% of the ENHP class of 2017 were employed or studying for an advanced degree within six months of graduation, and 95% of those working were employed in a field directly related to their major
- +50% of Hillyer alumni go on to earn a master’s, doctorate, or professional degree
- HAS students and alumni work at top companies and are represented by galleries including ESPN, Nike, Travelers, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Team Gallery, Tanya Bonakdar Gallery, Pentagram, and CVS
Spreading Their Wings
The ability to network with ease and to be fully confident in herself encouraged Hayley to pursue her dream of playing professional soccer at a club and International level with Republic of Ireland Women's Soccer team. She came across this opportunity through hard work and dedication to improving her skills as an athlete and scholar.
Come the fall, James will begin working at General Dynamics Electric Boat as an Engineer I, in the Ship Signature department. He made connections at GDEB while interning this past summer. It was on the last day of his internship that he was offered the full-time position.
Across all seven schools, our students prove that their UHart education prepares them for a bright future ahead.
Lydia Farmer, '19
There are great resources on campus that allowed me to form connections with other students, faculty, and staff. These connections influenced and motivated me to achieve things I did not imagine ever doing.