Summer Housing Information
Summer housing is available for current University of Hartford students Monday, May 16, 2022 - Monday, August 15, 2022. Current students must request Summer housing by completing the Summer Housing Application on the Housing Portal, available through Self Service.
Students planning to stay for May Term, Summer I, or the Entire Summer must submit a Summer Housing Application by Friday, May 6, 2022. Students only planning to stay for Summer II must submit a Summer Housing Application by Tuesday, June 28. Completed Summer Housing Applications will be reviewed and, if necessary, information verified by faculty and/or staff members. Students will be notified the week of May 9, 2022 (or week of June 28 if applying for Summer II) if they have been approved to stay.
Students who submit a Summer Housing Application after May 6 or June 28 will be billed a $25 late fee and requests will be reviewed and approved on a rolling basis. Please allow up to 5 business days for a response after submitting a completed Summer Housing Application.
Summer housing students are not required to enroll in a summer meal plan and summer food options are limited.
Summer Housing Requirements
Please note you must meet the following requirements to be eligible and apply for Summer housing:
- You must be a current undergraduate or graduate student (even if you will not be enrolled in summer classes) at the University of Hartford.
- You must be involved with the University in some way during the summer (on-campus employment, internship, taking classes, etc.).
- You cannot have a balance greater than $2500 on your student account.
- All charges from Spring 2022 must be paid in full by June 1—unless you have made special arrangements with the Bursar's Office.
- You must be registered for Fall 2022 classes by June 1.
- Special circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Students who are part of specialized programs (i.e. summer institutes) may be ineligible for summer housing. Students should contact their program office for additional information.
- Students who have an unpaid balance from Spring 2022 and/or are not registered for classes by June 1 will be ineligible for and may be removed from Summer housing.
Summer Housing Guidelines
Here are some important guidelines that will be in effect:
- Students applying for Summer housing by the priority deadline will be billed as part of the June billing cycle.
- All University of Hartford and Office of Residential Life Rules and Regulations remain in effect during break periods—including the Visitor Policy. Any student violating any policy may be asked to leave campus immediately and is subject to further conduct action.
- Access to spaces, offices, and services may be limited or unavailable at times during the Summer. For more information regarding a specific office's availability, please visit their website or contact them directly for more information. Please plan accordingly and in advance.
- Please be advised Facilities may find it necessary to enter rooms to complete routine maintenance, make repairs or updates, and to clean.
- Students may be required to move multiple times and when requested.
- There will be a limited number of Residential Life student leaders and staff present on campus. Public Safety will remain open.
Summer Housing Assignments
On-campus housing options will be limited this summer due to the Village Apartment Renovations.
Students requesting Summer housing will be assigned a space in the Park River Apartments, as space allows. Once Park River is filled, students will be assigned to rooms in F Neighborhood— with access to a community kitchen.
Summer housing rates are the same regardless of room type and location.
|May term: May 16- June 1||$425|
|Summer I: May 16 - June 27||$1,075|
|Summer II: July 5 - August 15||$1,025|
|Entire Summer: May 16 - August 15||$2,300|