COVID-19 Vaccinations Required for Students This Fall
Our main goal remains to protect the health of our community by following the recommendations of the CDC, local health departments, and our health-care partners. For this reason, the University of Hartford will require all students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Aug. 15, 2021.
Having a fully vaccinated student body will a give us the best chance to return to a more typical college experience, with in-person services and activities, and fewer restrictions in the residential neighborhoods and in the classroom. Science continues to show that the vaccine is safe, effective, and the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As vaccines have become more widely available, infection rates have dropped. In Connecticut, the daily positivity rate is less than one percent.
Following our current policies for all required vaccines, limited exemptions may be granted for medical and religious reasons. For more information on this process, please visit our website. The deadline for applying for an exemption is July 15, 2021.
Updating Student Vaccine Information
Once students are fully vaccinated (with either one dose of Johnson and Johnson or two doses of Pfizer or Moderna), they should log on to the UHart Health Portal using their UHart email credentials and:
- Click “My Forms”
- Click on “COVID-19 Vaccine”
- Enter the dates of any vaccinations you have received
- Upload an image of your CDC Vaccination Card
Learn More About the Vaccine
We understand that some may have questions about the vaccines. You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on our website. We are also offering the following workshops to share information and address concerns you may have. Students and parents are invited to register online if interested in attending.
- A Conversation About Vaccine Hesitancy: This pre-recorded town hall, which you can access on YouTube, addresses myths and misconceptions about the vaccine.
- Vaccine Access: Wednesday, June 30, at 8 p.m. via Zoom. This presentation is intended for anyone who is ready and willing to get the vaccine, but needs help getting started. The panel will review steps to get the vaccine, transportation or access issues, financial concerns, etc.
- Heath-Related Questions and Concerns: Thursday, July 1, at 8 p.m. via Zoom. This presentation will address some common health and safety concerns regarding the COVID vaccine.
Students and parents may email COVID19@hartford.edu with any additional questions.