Updating of Preferred First Name
Faculty, staff, and students are able to update a preferred first name, which will be visible in Self-Service, Compass, StarRez, rosters, and Blackboard. Pronouns and gender identity will also be available for updating. Please note that no action is needed if you do not wish to add or update this information.
How to Update your preferred first name, pronoun and gender identity
- Log in to Self-Service
- Click on the “Personal Information tab”
- Click on View/Update Personal Information
- Log in using your single sign-on, which is the same as your email information (if you’re not currently logged in to SSO)
- Click the Personal Information button from the landing page
- To make any updates click on the “edit” or “add new” on the right side of each section
- Once a change is made, click update
For an updated Hawk ID card, please visit the ITS Help Desk located in the Computer Center, room 117. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860.768.4829. There is no fee to obtain a new Hawk ID that reflects the preferred name change.
For students, if you would like your preferred first name to show as your email name, please contact Registrar@hartford.edu to request the change. For faculty, if you would like your preferred first name to show as your email name, please contact email@example.com. Please note that this will not change your email address.
For additional details on preferred name changes and for FAQ, please click below.